All three models are comparable in terms of mechanical and accoustic quality. The description 770,880 and 990 doesn't indicate higher or lower quality. In fact the three models differ significantly in sound because of the accustic construction (open-back/closed-back) and the difference of the frequency response.
Articles in this section
- Which pair of headphones are the best DT 770 PRO, DT 880 PRO or DT 990 PRO?
- How do the impedance versions of the DT 770 PRO differ soundwise?
- What is the differnce between DT 880 PRO and DT 990 PRO?
- Why does my DT 770 / 880 / 990 PRO have mismatching Logos on Product and Packaging?
- Why does my DT 770/990 PRO have another connection cable with a smaller thread?
- Which amplifier or interface should I consider to buy to get the best sound out of my DT 770/880/990 PRO with 32/80/250 ohms?
- For which applications is the DT 770 M made for?
- What is the difference between the models DT 770 PRO and DT 770 M?
- Can I modify the cable on my DT 770/880/990 PRO?
- Can I modify the headband pressure on my own?