All models in the beyerdynamic Byrd series are equipped with a wax guard to ensure an especially long service life, in other words they come with a small filter in the sound outlet that can be replaced by the user. This filter offers effective protection against penetrating dirt (dust, ear wax, etc.) and can be replaced in the event of impurities. It is simply fitted with a snap-in mechanism for this purpose. Carefully lift out the wax guard using a short, pointed object, such as a pin. Then simply insert the new wax guard with your fingertips until you hear it click into place. A set with four of these small filters is also available as a replacement part with the product code 933805.
Articles in this section
- Can eartips other than those supplied also be used?
- How do I replace the wax guard?
- How can I reduce cable noises?
- Are the earphones in the beyerdynamic Byrd series also suitable for sport?
- Where can I find the serial numbers?
- Can the earphones in the beyerdynamic Byrd series also be used for phone calls?
- Do Siri and Google Assistant work?
- What do I need to look out for when charging?
- What do I have to do to ensure optimum wireless sound quality?
- What is the range of the wireless models?