Below you will find our step-by-step guidance, from firmware update to the hearing test:
Updating the firmware of your headphones
- Download the Firmware Update Tool "Windows_UpdateHub" or "Mac_UpdateHub" (for download scroll down to end of article) and save on your PC
- Run the file, and install the "beyerdynamic Update Hub" software. In case of an installation message, just confirm this
- Start the "beyerdynamic Update Hub" and follow the instructions of the program
Connecting your headphones with your mobile phone for music listening
- When the headphones are turned off, hold down the middle button on the wireless remote for 6 seconds to start pairing mode (LED will flash blue and red)
- Temporarily turn off Bluetooth® on all other devices, and turn on Bluetooth® on your mobile only
- Within the Bluetooth® menu of your mobile, select and pair the headphones appearing under 'Available Devices', the LED on the headphones will now illuminate blue every 7 seconds
- As per default, the headphones are connected for call and media audio within the Bluetooth® settings. Press the gear-wheel symbol on the right for settings, and temporarily disable call audio for a correct hearing test functionality
- Check if music can be played by using the headphones
Installation of the MIY app
- Download and install the latest version of the beyerdynamic MIY app
Bonding the MIY app with your headphones
- Make sure that the headphones are turned on and connected with your mobile phone (see above)
- Start the MIY app
- In case the message "Update required" appears, go to step 1
- On the "Choose headphone" screen page, select the right headphones model and confirm with "CHOOSE"
- Shortly after successful bonding, the battery status is shown beside the headphones' name at the bottom of the screen
Do the hearing test with the MIY app
- For the following steps, a continuous internet connection is required
- On the PROFILE screen page, go to "START NOW" to personalize your sound and to start the hearing test
- Optional: Allow MIY to record audio by selecting "ALLOW", so that the app can measure the ambient noise for preparation of the hearing test
- Follow the further instructions of the app
- If the message 'Something's gone wrong' appears, there is momentarily no connection to the Mimi webserver. In that case, check the internet connection or try again later.
If the message repeatedly appears, it is recommended to uninstall the app, and download and install again (see above)
- When the hearing test is completed, the call audio functionality can be enabled within the mobile's Bluetooth® settings
- Now Bluetooth® can be turned on again on other devices, if applicable
In case of any problems, just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you very much!
Download Firmware Update Tool:
Our products are subject to continuous technical updates. We therefore recommend that you carry out the latest firmware update. To keep your product up to date, please follow our Update Hub Guide.