Below you will find our step-by-step guidance, from connection of the headphones to the hearing test:
Connecting your headphones with your iPhone for music listening
- When the headphones are turned off, hold down the middle button on the wireless remote for 6 seconds to start pairing mode (LED will flash blue and red)
- Temporarily turn off Bluetooth on all other devices, and turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone only
- Within the Bluetooth menu of your iPhone, select and connect the headphones appearing under 'Devices' or 'Other Devices', the LED on the headphones will now illuminate blue every 7 seconds
- Check if music can be played by using the headphones
Installation of the MIY app
- Download and install the latest version of the beyerdynamic MIY app
Bonding the MIY app with your headphones
- Make sure that the headphones are turned on and connected with your iPhone (see above)
- Start the MIY app
- Press "PAIR YOUR DEVICE"
- Select the right headphones model and confirm with "Pair"
- If a Bluetooth Pairing Request appears, confirm with "Pair"
- Shortly after successful bonding, the battery status and the headphones' name are shown at the top of the screen
If the headphones are shown as 'disconnected' or 'connecting', and the battery status is unavailable, tip the headphone symbol, unpair the headphones and bond them once again. It is required that the headphones are turned on and connected with your iPhone.
By bonding with the MIY app, a second Bluetooth connection is established, which is needed for data communication
Do the hearing test with the MIY app
- For the following steps, a continuous internet connection is required
- On the PROFILE screen page, go to "UPDATE YOUR PROFILE" to personalize your sound and to start the hearing test
- Follow the further instructions of the app
- If the message 'Something's gone wrong' appears, there is momentarily no connection to the Mimi webserver. In that case, check the internet connection or try again later.
If the message repeatedly appears, it is recommended to uninstall the app, and download and install again (see above). Power off your iPhone and restart
- When the hearing test is completed, the call audio functionality can be enabled within the iPhone's Bluetooth settings
- After the hearing test, Bluetooth can be turned on again on other devices, if applicable
In case of any problems, just send a mail to email@example.com – thank you very much!