To use the MOSAYC sound personalization feature, you can enter your age to create a good default profile based on statistical data gathered from lots of other users. Alternatively, you can also take a hearing test to create a very personalized sound profile and ensure top MOSAYC performance. Two things need to be taken into account here.
- When the volume is turned up very high for the ear being tested, the other ear will intentionally be fed a masking noise signal, which will help to improve the quality of the results. This will in particular be the case if the hearing test is carried out in an environment which is too loud or you are unsure of the controls. Always follow the instructions in the MIY app at the start of the hearing test!
These are, in particular, the following:
- Make sure you are in a quiet environment,
- Switch off ANC,
- Set the volume of the playback device to 50%,
- Hold down the button for as long as you can hear an audio signal.
- You may notice audible distortion in both ears when there is no user input during the hearing test. The hearing test then provides an increasingly high output level which eventually distorts. In this case, you should start the hearing test again from the beginning and take the information provided in point 1 into consideration.