Clean the ear pads of your beyerdynamic headphones with a soft, damp cloth. Use only water, no detergents.
The ear pads of a headphone wear out after a certain amount of wearing. In addition to the mechanical stress caused by wearing, skin fat and acids as well as cosmetics attack the surface. Also the sound quality of the headphones gradually deteriorates. To ensure that you always have a hygienic, good-looking and good sounding headphone, you should replace the ear pads from time to time.
Please proceed like this:
DT 511, 770, 880, 990, HS 300, 600:
- Bend one earcup forward to remove the ear pad from the housing.
- Remove the clamping ring underneath, which fixes the foam disc to the system cover. Use a blunt, rounded knife to do this. The foam washer can then be removed.
- Now insert the new foam disk, which is included in the ear cup set, and fix it again with the clamping ring.
- Pull the new ear cushion onto the housing shell. Heating the fold of the ear pad, e.g. with a hair dryer, makes this easier, as the fold, which is placed over the housing shell, is now smoother.
- Repeat points 1 to 4 with the other side of the headphone.
For the DT 531, 801, 831, 901, 811, 911, 931:
- Unhook the earcup from the yoke's joint by pulling the yoke sideways.
- Use a blunt, rounded knife and carefully insert it between the housing part and the ear cushion and lever off the earpiece. Please do not use a screwdriver!
- Remove the clamping ring mounted on the "old" earcup. (pull off)
- Remove the foam disk to cover the transducer.
- Place a new foam disc, supplied with the ear cup set, on the system.
- Mount the new ear cup on the "old" clamping ring.
- Place the new cushion on the transducer from above.
- Turn around both and press firmly with both thumbs on the outside of the housing. This must be done on a clear surface. A clear "CLACK" must be heard.
- Put the ear cup back on the yoke's joint. Please make sure that the cable is not twisted.